Are you joining Vets: Stay, Go, Diversify (VSGD) for the career event of the year? Put Saturday 15 October in your diary and join them in London or online!
Award winning career community Vets: Stay, Go, Diversify, with partners at the Association of Veterinary Students, Veterinary Voices and WellVet are hosting a hybrid event to help the profession gain career clarity, build career connections and uncover the myriad of career destinations that our professional passports can take us.
With specific sessions for students “Get Set For Vet” and qualified professionals – vets and nurses “VSGD Live 2.0” all content has been curated through community requests.
The recent RCVS Recruitment, Retention and Return to Work Preliminary report showed significant movement in the workforce, with increased part time working and new categories of veterinary work such as telehealth. This summit will help veterinary professionals find satisfaction and joy in their careers, whether they stay, go or diversify.
VSGD founder Dr Ebony Escalona, said: “If the 2018 event was anything to go by we know this is an opportunity not to be missed. Delegates left with new friends, a renewed sense of love for the profession and the people who are part of it. And some even left with new jobs!
“From stuck to unstuck, flat to inspired, lost to found, this event was more than a community gathering but a catalyst for career clarity and growth in those that attended.”
AVS President Charlotte Tobin Williams, said: “Can’t wait for Get Set For Vet. It couldn’t come any quicker. If there’s any time you’re looking to sort out your CV, thinking about interviews, salaries and much more… then this is the event!”
Veterinary Voices Founder Danny Chambers, continued: “Ebony and I have been working closely with each other for years to ensure that our communities in the veterinary profession feel equipped to truly thrive in their careers, wherever that may take them.
“I’m really excited that Veterinary Voices UK is formally joining the VSGD conference. It’s going to be a dynamic and vibrant event where networking with awesome people will be as important as the talks and discussions.”
Nab your spot here, for early bird pricing for the VSGD Summit expires on 31 August.
What do I need to know?
- Up to 350 in person and 1,000 online tickets are available
- Interactive workshops, panel discussions and career connection networking
- Online flexible attendance using EventsForce platform that allows delegates and speakers to profile career interests and match up with one another and chat or meet
- Student as well as Vet Nurse specific sessions
- Over 21 hours of CPD to support your career development
- Playback content at your leisure for up to 6 months
- Network with a global community including our incredible sponsors, partners and speakers
- Lunch and evening drinks included for all in person attendees
- Incredible venue CodeNode in Moorgate, London where we held our 2018 event!
- Babies in arms as diddy delegates are welcome, with dedicated family room on site
- Charity art exhibition from the incredible talent in the veterinary community
- PLUS a whole second day of pre recorded content available from the 16th October
Here is what Al Wilson an attendee of a previous event had to say about the last VSGD Summit:
“VSGD live was a breath of fresh air. Sharing ideas in a relevant, exciting and accessible way. From the provisions for online accessibility to the facilities for parent and child on the day, it was a template for veterinary events of the future.
“It was egalitarian and educational, informal yet organised, and inspirational without being intimidating. It felt like a young crowd, but there were plenty of more mature participants, equally engaged. By taking part in the sessions, I really got the impression that this was a community that will drive the profession forward towards better inclusivity, better working conditions, better mental health and better engagement with the wider public.
“Positivity about feminisation, diversification, flexible working conditions and mutual understanding. This was the manifestation of an open-minded, progressive, solution-seeking profession which clearly cares about its colleagues and its future in a sustainable, ‘quality not quantity’ focused way.”
Tickets are from £9.99 to £199.99, and you can take a look at our trailer from VSGD Live 2018 here.
#GetSetForVet VNPassport #VetPassport