The Annual Report contains an overview of how the College met its strategic objectives in 2021, as well as its major achievements throughout the year such as:
- The launch of the Veterinary Graduate Development Programme (VetGDP)
- The adoption and publication of the College’s proposals for legislative reform
- Celebrating the 60th anniversary of the veterinary nursing profession with a series of online learning events and a commemorative e-book
- The launch of new accreditation standards for veterinary education and a new outcomes-focused methodology for quality assessment
- The Mind Matters Initiative holding its third Research Symposium, as well as a Student Veterinary Nurse Wellbeing Discussion Forum and two virtual Mind Matters International events
- Holding a Workforce Summit under the auspices of the ViVet innovation project, which brought together stakeholders from throughout the sector to discuss solutions to the veterinary workforce crisis
- Setting up a joint working group with the Veterinary Schools Council on how to improve support available to Black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) vet students.
In addition to the overview of the year, the publication contains a report from RCVS Knowledge, a report on their financial management policies from RCVS Treasurer Dr Niall Connell MRCVS, the report of the independent auditor responsible for signing off the 2021 Annual Report, and the College’s financial statements.
The report has been published ahead of the RCVS AGM which takes place at One Great George Street, Westminster, on Friday 8 July 2022. Members of the RCVS, as well as veterinary nurses, are invited to send in any questions they may have about the 2021 Annual Report in advance of the meeting. Submitted questions will be answered on the day as well as in writing. Any questions must be sent to Deborah Rowlanes, RCVS Events Manager, on firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5pm on Tuesday 5 July.
The Annual Report is available to download in PDF format from the website. Further details about the AGM and the Awards Ceremony that follows it can be found online.