Veterinary nurses and technicians worldwide will have the opportunity to participate in and learn new technical skills during the North American Veterinary Community’s (NAVC) second annual Level Up: 2022 Veterinary Nurses & Technicians, a free four-day virtual summit October 17 to 20.
The NAVC is also offering veterinary professionals a 50 percent discount on all NAVC Certifications and new subscriptions to VetFolio, the NAVC’s online learning platform, during Veterinary Technician Week.
The summit caps off the NAVC’s year-long focus on providing new programs, support and recognition for veterinary nurses and technicians around the world through its Veterinary Nurse/Technician Empowerment Initiative.
Level Up: 2022 Veterinary Nurses & Technicians, sponsored by Hill’s and Boehringer Ingelheim, focuses on a variety of technical skills, including ultrasound, critical care, catheter placement, lifestyle vaccines and more. There is still time to register.
Veterinary nurses and technicians participating in the summit will earn up to nine RACE-approved continuing education credits.
The Level Up: Veterinary Nurses and Technicians annual summit, introduced last October, marked the first of seven new programs the NAVC launched as part of its Veterinary Nurse/Technician Empowerment Program.
Key highlights include:
- Annual Level Up: Veterinary Nurses & Technicians summits have collectively garnered interest from more than 5,600 veterinary nurses for live and on demand sessions
- Veterinary Nurse Empowerment Webinar Series. Nearly 1,000 veterinary nurses/technicians participated in a new three-part interactive webinar series addressing key issues facing the veterinary nurse/technician, including recognition and well-being, compensation and turnover and utilisation
- “Clinic Champions” series in Today’s Veterinary Nurse. In each quarterly issue over the past year, Today’s Veterinary Nurse and Midmark featured a special story and video honouring a veterinary nurse for their contributions to community service, scholarship, advocacy or innovation
- Career Advancement Guide Series and Career Guide. The NAVC’s industry-leading publications, Today’s Veterinary Nurse and Today’s Veterinary Business, launched a new series of features and columns dedicated to personal and professional development and published 10 stories. Today’s Veterinary Nurse also launched the Career Kickoff Guide, a free digital resource designed to inform and encourage early career veterinary nurses: Career Kickoff Guide
- NAVC Institute introduced new courses specifically for veterinary technicians and nurses. The May 2022 Institute included sessions on anaesthesiology and behavior and opportunities for veterinary nurses and technicians to learn side-by-side with industry experts and veterinarians, supporting the entire veterinary team and promoting a team approach to medicine and patients
- Vet2Vet Tech Takeover. This new series features an on-camera, candid conversation between NAVC’s on-staff veterinary nurse/technician and two peers. Topics have included addressing patient safety, creating a hospital safety culture and how to better talk to clients about parasite prevention
- First of its-kind National Consumer Awareness and Education Campaign sponsored by VCA Animal Hospitals, with support from NAVTA, has generated more than 6,000 consumer-facing news articles about the role of veterinary nurses/technicians with a potential audience reach of more than 500 million
To explore and learn more about the comprehensive range of all NAVC resources for veterinary nurses and technicians, visit the NAVC website.