Following the success of their first virtual summit in June, SPVS and VMG have turned their focus to all things management for their live and interactive Focus on Leadership and Management day on Tuesday 1 December 2020.
They’re delighted to announce the return of LionSpeak‘s Katherine Eitel Belt who’s wowed audiences at previous SPVS-VMG Events and heads up a fantastic line-up of speakers from the forefront of management training, including:
- Becky Armstrong, Sparkle Coaching and Development, focussing on cultural intelligence and how to recognise and share privileges and biases to accept and appreciate the cultural diversity offered by fellow team members and clients
- Becky Dobell, VetPartners, on helping to understand the models and guidance that can support feedback and manage conflict
- Dr Elizabeth Jackson, School of Management, Curtin University, Western Australia will describe values-based leadership and introduce the concept of digital leadership, explaining how this can support both values-based leadership and evidence-based decision making
- Whilmari Swift, Vet Dynamics, discusses practices that withstood the pandemic best and how to ensure that you and your teams are ready to face whatever the next big challenge happens to be
- Richard Casey, Blue Cross and VMG, on the role we all play to ensure an inclusive veterinary practice
The day will include a management-focused digital exhibition with a chance to connect with select suppliers, and concludes with a panel session with a Practice Manager, Head Receptionist, Head Nurse and a practice owner on post-COVID leadership and management and what they’ve learnt in 2020.
Ticket prices are just £50 for SPVS and VMG members, and £75 for non-members.
This day is a must for those taking their first step into management along with those who have been in management roles for a while and looking to enhance their skills and knowledge. As such, practices can sign up one team member, then register others for just £25 each.