Veterinary professionals and students are invited to a five-day virtual global careers summit to help maximise their potential and explore career paths at all levels both inside and outside of clinical practice.
The Global Veterinary Career Summit will take place on 24-28 June and will be packed with over 100 TED-talk style talks from leading speakers from around the globe, interactive events and 25 networking sessions.
Each day there will be three hours of core programmes including:
- Inspirational talks and panel discussion from thought leaders on future careers post COVID-19, including making One Health work, entrepreneurial and business lessons since COVID-19 and flexible working
- Bite size career 101 sessions, such as making the most of mentoring, boundary setting, negotiation, building a killer LinkedIn profile and influencing your workplace
- Practical workshops, including CV and interview clinics
Each evening session will include:
- Two hours of inspirational career stories from speakers including Jessica Vogelsong, veterinarian and bestselling author, Cody Creelman, veterinarian, multiple practice owner and digital storyteller and Niall McCann, explorer, biologist and TEDx speaker.
- Career campfires where you can get up close and personal and ask questions about career pathways in a diverse range of roles, including clinical specialisms, charities, science communications, government, start-ups, industry, research and many more.
In total, the summit will provide over 40 hours of content that you can either watch live or dip in and out at a time that is right for you.
Royal Canin is proud to be a platinum sponsor and bring this event to veterinary professionals around the world. Dr Brent Mayabb, the company’s Chief Medical Officer, will contribute to the panel discussion “When one door closes, another door opens: business and entrepreneurial lessons since COVID”.
Lauren Hayes, Scientific Affairs Manager, Royal Canin, who helped organise the summit said, “The support I received as I made the decision to move from clinical practice into industry from Vets: stay, go, diversify was invaluable during my career and it is a privilege to work with them now, and other organisations across the globe, to bring the global veterinary careers summit to veterinary professionals worldwide. Boasting some incredible speakers from all areas of industry, it is going to be a fantastic event, packed with tangible career tips, advice and networking opportunities. The summit will provide invaluable opportunities in the wake of the Coronavirus to reevaluate veterinary business and industry, ways of working and show how you can enhance the underpinning skills that make a veterinary degree such a transferrable qualification to dozens of different industries”.
To view the full programme and to secure your place visit the website.