Burgess Pet Care announces that the deadline for this year’s Burgess Excel Vet Awards 2021 has been extended.
The original deadline was Friday 1 October but this has now been extended until Friday 8 October 2021 to allow for more submissions.
Despite their popularity, research consistently highlights that there is often a lack of awareness about the specific needs of rabbits, as well as guinea pigs. The Burgess Excel Vet Awards have been created by Burgess Pet Care to recognise the efforts of the veterinary community who go above and beyond to raise awareness around the welfare needs of these wonderful animals.
The Awards have eight categories:
- Rabbit Vet of the Year, open to all practising UK veterinary surgeons
- Rabbit Nurse of the Year, open to all practising veterinary nurses in the UK
- Rabbit Friendly Veterinary Practice of the Year, open to all practices on the RWAF rabbit friendly list
- Rabbit Awareness Week (RAW) campaign of the Year, open to all vet practices or individual staff working within the veterinary industry in the UK
New categories for 2021:
- Rabbit support staff of the year, open to all staff working in UK vet practices
- Rabbit student of the year, open to students in the UK who are studying Veterinary, Veterinary Nurse or Animal Care and Nutrition courses
- Rabbit friendly charity practice of the year, open to all not-for-profit veterinary practices in the UK
- Guinea Pig Friendly Veterinary Practice of the Year, open to all practices in the UK
One winner from each category will receive a trophy and cash prize of £250.
Nominations are live now and the winners will be announced on 11 November at the London Vet Show 2021.
Award nominations can be made via the nomination form on the dedicated Excel Vet Awards website or by completing a nomination form and returning it via post. Self-nominations may also be made.